Mission and Vision
The mission of the Horizon Science Academy is to provide an environment of learning and continuous growth with a rigorous college-prep math, science, and language arts program, and to create an atmosphere for students, parents, and teachers to reach their highest potential to become effective, responsible and productive citizens.
With this in mind, we motivate our students through individual attention, intensive counseling, and after-school programs, that address their individual learning styles. We expect them to recognize the value of commitment and effort, and to strive toward their highest levels of capability.
DEVELOPMENT OF RESPONSIBLE PERSONALITY
An education is complete only if it shapes the individual’s character with virtues and develop his/her skills for a successful social life. We see it as our responsibility to provide the students with the values and concepts that shape societies’ moral texture.
Our school encompasses a healthy combination of mental, physical and interpersonal activities undertaken in a nurturing, success-oriented atmosphere:
- Accelerated Academic Program
- Science and Advanced Technology
- Fine Arts
- Study Skills
- Character Development
- Physical Fitness and Health
- Competitive and Noncompetitive Sports
- Social Activities and Events
- Fun Learning Environment
- Clubs and Field Trips
OUR STUDENTS LEARN:
- To develop a disciplined and practical schedule for school work
- To practice commitment and integrity
- To set goals and strive for higher achievement
- To develop reading, writing, and computational skills
- How to learn
- To develop communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- To develop thinking skills for problem solving
- To use interpersonal skills, ability to work with others
- To increase self esteem, motivation
- To expand organizational skills
- To accelerate foreign language acquisition
- To increase computer literacy
All staff members contribute to Horizon Science Academy’s friendly, inviting environment. We set the tone through our actions and attitudes. We will demonstrate our continuous support and encouragement of students in four important ways:
1. We will teach students expected behaviors in all school environments by relating student actions to our guidelines for student success. We will encourage students to be responsible, to be respectful of others, to be cooperative, and to be hard working.
2. We will provide positive feedback to students when they are meeting expectations and following the guidelines for student success.
3. We will view misbehaviors as teaching opportunities and respond calmly and consistently with corrections or consequences.
4. We will work collaboratively to solve behavior problems that are chronic or severe in nature.